HR Operation Desk - Scope of the intervention for Strategic People Management
Employee Engagement Initiative
Gallup research shows that well-managed workgroups are
- Employee engagement has a direct impact on the Organization results.
- Engaged employees positively impact organization results, and returns to stakeholders.
- Employee engagement is directly influenced by following factors–
- Growth of the Organization
- Value addition experienced by Employees and
- Employee perception of the Organization.
A fully engaged employee
- More profitable (44 percent higher),
- More productive (50 percent higher) and
- Have higher degrees of customer loyalty (50 percent higher).
- Is intellectually and emotionally bound with the organization
- Gives 100 percent
- Feels passionately about its goals and is committed to live by its values.
Engagement really happens at the team level - a framework called VOICE helps that process
VOICE is an acronym made up of its component parts:
“V is for vision, which is an emotion as well as a financial connection as to why people should be part of this organization”
“O is for opportunity. Are there opportunities to grow and develop?”
“I is for incentive. If you do a good job do you get both financial and non-financial rewards?"
“C is for community. Do I like the people I work with?” C – communication, which is about “telling people about what is going on, and gives them the confidence that people care”
“E is for entrepreneurship, defined as things such flexibility on how people can work”
“Its about things like flexibility in time so people don’t feel they are being a slave to the organization.”
Deliverables at levels of engagement / partnership with the Client Organization -
L1 - Deliverables
HR Operations (administration):
- Enquiries & Transactions related to HR policies
- Administering HR Processes
- Employee Data & Information Management of the milestones in an employee lifecycle in an organization
- Awards & Rewards Administration
- On boarding and exit processes
- Employee Personal Files maintenance
L2 - Deliverables
Objective of OFES – One Face Employee Services
Provide a One Stop solution for employees and help them manage their interface with the organization in such a way that as far as possible, no negative residues are left at the interface points.
Objective of OFES
L3 - Deliverables
- OFES is designed as a first step to create an Employee Satisfaction Culture and provide a two way communication channel for the employee and the organization.
- OFES is a one-stop shop for employees, the single point interface to:
- Listen to employee concerns and help meet their needs
- Help employees understand & seek clarifications on C &B Policies & Procedures
- Assist employees in availing their benefits & entitlements
- Track & provide current status updates on their queries
- Reengineer processes between HR and Business Services for more efficient administrative operations, leading to increased value-added partnering with business
- Eliminate multiple interfaces, thereby reducing response cycle time to queries, minimizing talent distractions and enhance employee productivity
- Escalate issues involving employee grievances to the necessary depts. / decision making people
- Employee Engagement Survey to map the level of engagement Employee has with the organization.
- Our Engagement study covers the following
- Company’s Image as perceived by Employees.
- Existing Work Culture.
- Expectation of the employees.
- Competency Gap & Training Needs.
- General Perception of the employees on various issues.
Employee Analytics Group
- We collect employee profiles using our Psychometric instrument – RI Map. On the basis of this data, we report on
- What is the overall profile of employees in the company,
- What profile of employees seem to be doing very well in the company,
- Which profile seems to be prone to leave quickly,
What is the profile mix that the Company should hire,
- What profile of employees should we identify and invest – to build a future pipeline for the company etc.
L4 - Deliverables
Managing Employee Engagement Events
Many organizations now days are willing to invest in activities, which either provides lot of information to employees on managing their personal lives, or create avenues for giving expression to employee’s creative talents, or provide learning through fun activities. We at Synapse anchor the desk, which organizes all such events.
Some of the events include -
- Employee Counseling Services
- Anchoring Informal room processes for organization
- Managing Employee communication
- Managing Employee suggestion schemes
- Reward schemes
- Team Building activities
- Leadership development activities
- Activities to develop the culture of the organization
L5 - Deliverables
Managing initiatives for Health and Safety
Today Health and Safety are becoming very critical for all Organizations. We anchor monitoring and training of these elements for our client organizations.
PSYCHOLOGICALLY HEALTHY WORKPLACE Determine Issues and Needs
Identify Potential Solutions
- Health and wellness issues and needs are identified
- Root causes of identified issues are determined
- Approaches for scanning the cultural environment
- Qualitative and quantitative data are analyzed
Develop Solutions and Action Plans
- Draft a health and wellness strategy
- Various approaches for achieving the health and wellness strategy
- Assemble the health and wellness team
- Explain appropriate applications of the solutions and programs and expected outcomes in order to address health and wellness issues and needs
- Discuss the key areas that an action plan addresses
Evaluate Solutions and Programs
- Key issues critical to a successful implementation
- Evaluate the success of the health and wellness solution
- Present the evaluation data
- Continuous improvement for health and wellness solutions and programs